8.06.2007

summer days of childhood

Well, yesterday I had a little wake up call. I thought that my boys go back to school on the 20th, but they actually go back next Monday!!! I was so not prepared for that. I thought that we'd be able to get at least one more family day away in. With my husband being gone on a youth trip this weekend that is going to be impossible.

It just seems to be that every summer we have all these great plans that never actually happen. The days of their childhood summers are just flying by. Soon they won't want to go places with good ol' mom and dad. Hopefully we have at least a couple more summers in us before that happens. We really need to make the most of every day.

At least this week meemaw and pappaw, along with Uncle Nate, are in town to spoil them. Today is Chuck E. Cheese, tonight the new "Underdog" movie, tomorrow the zoo, and who knows what else they have planned. We all love when family visits. Next week it's Jim's dad who will be in town. Most of that week will be spent on fishing trips. Jim's the one who get spoiled when his dad comes. They both share a passion for fishing.

No comments: