So, I've decided that summer is not allowed to end just yet. A friend called last night and invited us over for bar-b-q and a swim. We jumped at the chance. (Thanks Lori!!!) I was sure to take a camera to prove that we did SOMETHING this summer. It was so much fun! I'm going to keep my ears open for other fun (and free) activities for the family.
A few other things that we managed to do this summer were baseball season, a trip to the beach, Meemaw and Pappaw coming for a visit, family movie nights and Christian going to church camp.
In thinking about all of this, I realized that over that past year life has really passed me by. Mostly I work, sleep, cook, clean (occasionally) and little else. A lot of that is due to our dire finances. There has been no extra money for anything fun. That needs to change soon or I'm going to lose it. I was reading Ali Edward's blog about choosing a word for the year. Now, I realize that the year is more than half over, but I'm going to choose a word anyway for the remainder of 2007...LIVE! This sums it up for me. Last night, saying yes to the invite of a friend, was the first step in this for me.
In thinking about all of this, I realized that over that past year life has really passed me by. Mostly I work, sleep, cook, clean (occasionally) and little else. A lot of that is due to our dire finances. There has been no extra money for anything fun. That needs to change soon or I'm going to lose it. I was reading Ali Edward's blog about choosing a word for the year. Now, I realize that the year is more than half over, but I'm going to choose a word anyway for the remainder of 2007...LIVE! This sums it up for me. Last night, saying yes to the invite of a friend, was the first step in this for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment