With my parents and little brother in town this week, there are several projects that we are trying to complete. My dad is very handy and always expects a list of things to do when he visits. So, thankfully, he is planning to fix my kitchen drawers today that keep losing their fronts. It's been so frustrating. Good ol' dad. I'm also working on a little album for my brother of his college graduation. We weren't able to go because it was just after our unexpected move. Being the first time that I've looked at the photos of that day, it is just sinking in. My baby brother is actually an adult. Here's an even scarier thought...in a couple of weeks he will be going to Kansas City to attend seminary where he will learn to be a spiritual leader in our world. I often still think of him as the little boy in our wedding photos. That was probably the last time that he was actually shorter than me. (It's so strange to think how soon it will be before our own boys will be out there in the world. God, prepare them and prepare those that they will be impacting.) My brother is turning out to be quite a man. He will make a great pastor to some lucky congregation. Scary but good.



2 comments:
Joy,
I am thrilled for your baby brother. I enjoyed seeing these pictures. Families are wonderful, aren't they?
Crafty Missy
I had the same reaction when my baby brother grew up.
I also recall informing him not so long ago that he was balding. He wasn't so receptive to that news bulletin. LOL.
Post a Comment