5.21.2008

Lawsuit Update

I just wanted to let everyone know that the lawsuit has been officially dropped and that the church board decided not to pursue further repayment. This is good news. However, the letter that we received from the board to notify us of this was even more hurtful and hateful than the lawsuit itself. I won't go into further detail other than to say that it made Jim out to be a liar and a thief, meanwhile speaking of their "forgiveness" in the matter. Those of you who know us already know the truth about what kind of people we are and know that not to be the least bit true. So, I won't offer up a defense. To me, the saddest thing about this whole thing is that it has made a wonderful man of God and effective minister doubt his place in the church and the calling that God has placed on his life. We have both wondered if it is really worth it. The answer, of course, is yes, but that small bit of doubt still remains. Our story may be unique to us, but we know many associate pastors who have undergone great strife at the hands of the church. There is no protection for associates, at least none that is taken seriously. It is a sad state of affairs because I think that it has caused the Nazarene church to lose some potentially great pastors. So, what to do next and who will have us after our reputation has been drug through the mud? I know that God has a plan, but I wish that He would reveal Himself sooner than later. My patience is running thin, and I strongly desire to move on from here and create some distance so that healing can occur.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy,

As I read through you're posts about the lawsuit that was taken out against you..my heart breaks. In my experience...the Nazarene church as a denomination is all all about the money. Unfortunately, when someone can tithe or give more than someone else..its the person that has the more money that always comes up on top according to the church. I grew up Nazarene... and God has done so much in my life threw the church I previously attended. however, god has made it clear to me that that is no longer where I belong. You would think that the church would be happy that I am listening to Gods voice, that I am going where God sends me. NO.. I am now a coward because I am "running away" from the pain they so selfishly inflicted. No church is the church of God but their church and by leaving I am leaving God. It breaks my heart...

Jim is one of the most Godly man I have met in my life. Tell him that he needs only to be still...the lord will fight for him!